This recipe did not disappoint. Nope not one bit (or bite) and I don’t think it will disappoint for you either. I mentioned my obsession with making crepes in my October Earworms, but maybe I didn’t tell the Whole Truth. … Continue reading
So yesterday I met my friend on the track for a little light jogging. We are not gonna talk about how I went for a run on the track at 8am but couldn’t figure out how to get into the track. Yeah that didn’t happen. But I swear there were people on the track and the door that should have been the entrance was definitely NOT open. Grrr.
Anyhow, met my friend on the track and when we were stretching she said that she was listening to United States of Pop and I had a minor freak out, because well DJ Earworm is one of the best DJs out there (next to David Guetta of course – but they are too different genres of DJ so we won’t go down that road). You see very few can make a mashup like DJ Earworm. I know I have fanned over him before on here, but it had been awhile since I last listened to him and so this was a great trip down memory lane. Not to mention he is an Alum of U of Illinois. #Solid
So listening to him yesterday and walking down the street singing to his songs reminded me that I haven’t shared my current earworms with you lately. So here goes:
1. Homeland – yeah last time I was obsessed with The Newsroom and well I finished the first season of that so had to find a new obsession. A great show, that I decided to watch after hearing how many awards it walked away with – impressive.
2. Raiding other people’s Spotify lists. iTunes? No Spotify is definitely where it is at. I have found myself lately going into friend’s published playlists to see what new tunes they can introduce me to – without them even knowing!
3. Dinners with Friends – I have found a pretty grand group of gals here (slight accidental alliteration there) and well we find ourselves cooking together quite a few times a week together. Our default meal has become lentils and veggies. Can you blame us though – the veggies are much cheaper here and well lentils don’t get enough boasting about. Poor little fellas…
4. Crepes – yeah not a good obsession but I can tell you it certainly is a delicious and very versatile obsession. When studying abroad in Italy I mastered the homemade pancake and well naturally on my second big study abroad it would only be appropriate to master the French Pancake, aka the crepe. Recipes to come on those (: –> As a matter of fact, I have some batter chilling in the fridge currently
5. Comedian’s books. Yes I have read quite a few Chelsea Handler books in the past month and have now moved onto Tina Fey’s “Bossypants” – why not laugh a little before bed? However, I know how exhausted I am at the end of the day when I can only read a few kindle pages of a comedian’s work without just passing out. I recommend them ALL!
So yes those are the things that I might be getting a little bit too much of in life right now, but you know what, I don’t see a problem with it (: