Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter and more Peanut Butter! Yep that’s right – there are indeed three forms of peanut butter in these monster cookies and peanut butter lovers will certainly rejoice when they take their first bite. Problem. Once you … Continue reading
hmmmmmmmmmm what could be soooo colorful?!?! Sprinkles!!!!! The starlet of these awesome cookies. Who doesn’t like sprinkles. Don’t answer that. Cake batter was the craze when Cold Stone Creamery came out with the beloved flavor and for some delicious reason … Continue reading
Well I must say, some of you are quite inquisitive and certainly have found what I am about to share all on your own. You sneaky little ones know who you are and I would not only love to give you the best high five you have ever received, a great big bear hug, and a pat on the back but digital hearts will have to suffice ❤
Now if you know me or you know this blog then you know that I ❤ cookies. They are just so darn great.
Need some proof:
I guess that also proves my love of chocolate…
Sometimes Every time I follow my tried and true no fail test of trying a cookie from each baking batch. Guilty as charged. This can lead to problems real quick so I practice the solution of fitting more cookies on each sheet (making sure to still avoid touching from spreading). Mind you this is practiced on occasion…little steps in the kitchen – big leaps while running.
But geeze I am getting distracted with cookies. Which brings me to my newest adventure that is totally dedicated to cookies. Drum roll please…..
WheresMyCookies –> go and check it out to find my first 3 recipes – they are are Vegan Friendly and well I guess I can provide you some pictures to really entice you (:
So be sure to follow the weekly cookie adventures
Cookies go boom
Hello friends. Well it certainly has been a tad longer between my posts and I’ll be frank – these past 2 weeks were super gloomy weather wise, giving me absolutely no chance at snapping adequate photos of the things I … Continue reading
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a recipe with peanut butter in it, but don’t fret I’ve still been eating it on the regular. I’ve been wanting to make these cookies for awhile, but thought I should wait until I … Continue reading
With Valentine’s around the corner, I thought it would be appropriate to share a different type of love story with all of you today. A love for university. You see last night something absolutely unbelievable happened. My university – Illinois … Continue reading
What do you get when you have a whole bunch of American exchange students in Turkey during the Thanksgiving holiday? –> An over the top international potluck extravaganza including a 13 lb. turkey, 1o-ish nationalities and 30-ish hungry 20-something year … Continue reading
One’s consumption of Nutella is directly proportional to whether or not they are/or have studied abroad. It becomes many people’s replacement for the less than lacking availability of good peanut butter. In the US you have the easy peanut butter cookie … Continue reading
Not having an oven for 4 1/2 months = torture
I am already having nightmares about it. Why would someone even build an apartment and not put an oven in the kitchen? That just seems preposterous. I mean my friend’s 8×8 Parisian apartment – makes sense – there isn’t room. A normal size apartment with a normal size kitchen – doesn’t make sense – plenty of room. The pseudo replacement of a toaster oven better have magical baking capacities that I am currently unaware of.
Get ready for the series of nat and her toaster oven accompanied by her trusty hot plates – unreal.
Thinking about my oven-less situation come September made me want to bake – so I did.
If you wanna do something, then do it. End of discussion, especially when the matter is to bake or not to bake.
Ingredients: (adapted from this recipe right hurrrrr)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (a pinch more depending on the moisture of the mix) –> haha have yet to find whole wheat flour so white just had to suffice
- 1 1/2 cups of Large Flake Rolled Oats (smaller flake is ok too)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. flax meal
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup oil (corn, grapeseed or olive – or sunflower oil like I used)
- 1 egg (beat with 1 Tbsp Water)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Yummy ingredients aka mix-ins
- 3/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients together. Hint: when measuring out the honey, spray the measuring cup with oil or baking spray–your honey won’t stick).
- Mix the wet stuff with the dry stuff. Add your mix-ins. If the mixture seems too wet, add a bit of flour. If it isn’t binding together very well, you may wish to add an egg white.
- COOL the mix for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees (lower temperature due to the honey in the recipe which will burn more easily). –> I trust the baker but for me these babies were baked on #5 with the homestay oven!
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto your baking sheet (I recommend lining the baking sheet with parchment paper). Press down with a fork to ensure even cooking. – I used my hand – oops.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes or until golden on the bottom of the cookie. The cookies freeze very well and make a great snack! Enjoy.
Host mother and sister approved
Cheers from the land that I am not sure knows the importance of a “normal” oven
Yesterday my dad came home with the consensus that the other cookies I made for his office were a success. This is pretty much code for “hey they want more”. Here is what came back on the empty container Since … Continue reading