Shout out to Elle’s Vegan Food Diary who nominated me for the versatile blogger award! My first nomination for a blog award and it couldn’t have come at a better time (: I needed a little something something to heighten my spirits after coming down with a toothache on Friday. How does something as small as a tooth cause such a debilitating pain?!? Laying on the floor screaming and writhing in pain while your friends question if it really makes you feel better – but it does because it leads to laughing attacks and laughter really does make you feel better. I’m blessed to have friends visit who are ok with staying in and watching movies instead of going out (thanks Jess and Kathryn – you’re the best).
Well needless to say I drove home today (Sunday- the end of the weekend when most people are making the drive back to campus) so that I can go to the dentist tomorrow and get this pain over with. The start to my week will be all thrown off but I will persevere…once the tooth doctor fixes me, because right now I am just destroying my stomach with massive amounts of ibuprofen…but
Back to the awesome award
The rules for the award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that You enjoy.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated!
7 things about me that I don’t believe are in my “About Me”
- I am getting my Masters in European Union Studies at the University of Illinois
- International Politics and Foreign Languages (German, Italian and Turkish) are my thing (aka what comprises my EU studies)
- Clearly my future involves Europe (I’ve lived 8 1/2 yeas overseas and plan to work/live abroad when I graduate)
- I am the queen of laundry – anytime I come home my trunk is loaded up (I will be extremely wasteful and just go buy new socks or underwear to avoid doing laundry if I am really busy leading to an unnecessarily large wardrobe
- I love to read…I take that back, I devour books. Favorite authors are James Patterson, Philippa Gregory, Nicholas Sparks (yeah I am a weakling for his love stories) and any classics.
- I love acapella. Songs just seem better with no instruments.
- I am terrified of snakes, but am overcoming that fear everyday because my roommate has a snake that I always thought was tiny – like 6inches. Well this week I found out that Tara (the snake) is 2ft long – not small after all. So yes overcoming the fear of a snake under my roof everyday and glad – maybe I will be ok with looking at snakes at zoos by the time I move out…maybe.
10. noisy pilgrims
11. kiss my spatula
Thanks and cheers